You know how it is when you just love something at a favorite restaurant?
As your mouth is salivating and your tummy starts to growl, you are talking about how you wish you could make these at home.
But…..unfortunately no one has ever come up with “just that recipe.”
Oh…there’s look-a-likes and taste-kind-of-similar. But nothing seems to be the real thing.
In the 21st century things have started to improve. Finally!
Many restaurants have figured out they could market their products in the grocery store as well.
This brings us a little bit closer to the real deal. But, still not quite there.
Have you ever tried those little yummies made from the grocer’s bagged version?
Do they taste kind of like the real deal?
Nah, not so much. Some are pretty good, but still – they are way off from being just like the restaurant.
Well….finally, here it is.
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits are the recreation of something so devouringly beautiful that just the picture sets your taste buds awry.
Without further ado…here it is folks.
Enjoy the Yummy!
- 2½ cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your cookie sheet with lined parchment or a light layer
- of grease.
- Cut the cold butter into your Bisquick. It will remain slighty chunky, but mix well.
- Add the shredded cheddar, milk and the garlic powder.
- Mix until combined, but don’t overwork the dough.
- Drop onto cookie sheet using ¼ cup measuring cup or the size you would like your biscuit.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are lightly browned or about 10-12 minutes.
- Mix the ½ teaspoon of garlic powder into the melted butter.
- Add the parsley flakes.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush garlic butter over them quickly. You can sprinkle them
- with Himalayan or Kosher salt, if desired.